Sundance Taekwon-Do is excited to now be offering the official International Taekwon-Do Federation Child Development Program for children ages 4 to 7. This program is one of our most popular and is offered in both Sundance Taekwon-Do locations in Kelowna and Vernon. Sundance Taekwon-Do is the only school in the BC Interior to offer this highly successful and fun program!
TKD Kids Program – Overview
The Taekwon-Do Child Development Program (TKD Kids!) is designed to teach Taekwon-Do skills, life skills and character education to young children ranging from as young as 4 years up to the ages of 7 years.
The lessons, lasting from 30 minutes to 45 minutes, consist of games, activities, practice drills, role playing, discussions, and stories. The students are also required to do various homework tasks from their Study Book.
Martial Arts program for younger children (Ages 4 to 7)
Our program helps children in several ways:
- Teaches children to focus and concentrate
- Better co-ordination, balance and agility that will help them in other activities
- Self discipline by directing your child’s energy into positive actions
- Personal attention enabling your child to progress at a steady rate
Children learn the following:
- Stranger Danger
- Bully Proofing
- Proper stretching
- Classroom discipline
- Respect for others and self
Class Times: Effective 2017
|Kelowna A: 5:30-6:00||Vernon B: 4:30-5:00||Vernon B: 4:30-5:00 Kelowna A: 5:30-6:00||Vernon A: 10:00 – 10:45|