David White, V Degree
Mr. David White, BBA
5th Degree Black Belt (C-5-pending)
International Instructor/Examiner (#1856)
ITF Plaque #600976
Vice President, International Taekwon-Do Federation of B.C.
Head Instructor, Sundance Martial Arts Ltd.
Mr. White began his Taekwon-Do training in 1992 in Vernon, BC with the Okanagan Valley Taekwon-Do School under the instruction of Mr. Keith Black. In 1994 David attended his first competition in Kelowna, BC and has been competing ever since.
In 1998 the Okanagan Valley Taekwon-Do School closed its doors permanently and Mr. White, a red belt (1st Gup), moved his training over to the Central Taekwon-Do Academy and continued training toward his black belt which he earned in July, 1999.
In 2000 David was named to the British Columbia Junior Black Belt Team and represented the province at the Canadian Championships in Regina, Saskatchewan. Mr. White took home a silver and bronze medal in team competition.
While attending the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (S.A.I.T) in Calgary David continued his training with the Tempest Taekwon-Do School and the instruction of Mr. Dana Johnson. Mr. White achieved his 2nd degree black belt in 2004 after a panel test by his instructor and other Tempest black belt members.
Mr. White opened Sundance Taekwon-Do in September of 2004 while attending Okanagan College. This is where he achieved his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in 2006. This was also the year he achieved his 3rd Degree Blat Belt.
Mr. White was certified 4th Degree Black Belt in the summer of 2008.
Some accomplishments include:
- 1997 West Coast Can-Am Championships – Bronze (Sparring)
- 1998 I.T.F. B.C. Provincial Champion (Sparring)
- 1999 Certified First Degree Black Belt (I.T.F.)
- 1999 Bushido Open Martial Arts Championships – Silver and Bronze (Sparring and Patterns)
- 2000 I.T.F. B.C. Provincial Championships – Double Silver (Sparring and Breaking)
- 2000 B.C. Junior Black Belt Team Member
- 2000 I.T.F. Canadian Championships – Silver and Bronze (Team Competition)
- 2000 I.T.F. Western Canadian Championships – Bronze (Sparring)
- 2004 Certified Second Degree Black Belt (I.C.T.F.)
- 2004 Western Canadian Championships – Silver (Sparring)
- 2004 Opened Sundance Taekwon-Do School in Vernon, B.C.
- 2004 Certified Level One Ho Sin Sul Instructor (I.C.T.F.)
- 2005 Attended Taekwon-Do’s 50th Anniversary Championships, Las Vegas, USA
- 2006 Western Canadian I.C.T.F. Taekwon-Do Championships – Silver and Bronze (Sparring and Patterns)
- 2006 Certified 3rd Degree Black Belt
- 2008 Certified 4th Degree Black Belt (C-4-241)
- 2010 Certified International Instructor/Examiner
- 2010 I.T.F. International Instructor’s Course #52, Denver, USA
- 2010 Certified I.T.F. Class “B” Referee
- 2010 Hosted I.T.F. of B.C. Provincials (highest attendance in a decade: 240 competitors)
- 2010 Hosted the largest C.T.F.I. umpire certification course in Canada (41 new certifications)
- 2010 Member of the British Columbia Men’s Sparring Team
- 2010 I.T.F. Canadian National Championships – Silver in Team Sparring
- 2010 Elected to the ITF of BC Board of Directors
- 2011 Coached 2 athletes to the ITF World Championships, Wellington, New Zealand
- 2011 Team BC Coach for Jr. Boys Sparring and Jr. Girls Sparring
- 2012 I.T.F. of BC Provincial Championships – Bronze in Patterns
- 2012 I.T.F. Western Canadian Championships – Silver in Patterns
- 2012 I.T.F. International Instructor’s Course #72, Vancouver, Canada
- 2012 Elected Vice President of the I.T.F. of B.C. and Chair of the Tournament Committee for ITF of BC
- 2013 I.T.F. International Umpire Course, Queens, USA
- 2013 I.T.F. of B.C. Provincial Championships – Gold in Patterns, Bronze in Power Breaking
- 2013 Certified 5th Degree Black Belt (C-5-Pending)